Usernames are email addresses that PeopleTray uses to uniquely identify each user. It is used to sign in to PeopleTray Web and the PeopleTray Mobile App. We recommend always using company email addresses rather than generic addresses (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
To update a user's username
- Login as System Administrator
- Navigate to Settings > Manage Users > Usernames
- At ‘User to rename’ select the person that requires their username updated
- At ‘New name’ enter the correct username
- Click on ‘Update Username’ button
NOTE 1: You should notify the user of the changed username, as they will need it for signing in to the Web and the Mobile App.
NOTE 2: Editing the Username does not change the email address that PeopleTray uses to send emails. After you edit a Username, navigate to the Person's Profile, Contacts tab, to update their email address if required.