The 'Update Roster' button on a travel request applies the Travel-In/Onsite/Travel Out Shift Types on an approved travel request to the traveller's profile.
A user can only update the traveller's roster when a travel request is in a workflow step that is marked as 'Approved'.
In the example below...
- The Workflow Step 'Review the Request' is not marked as 'Approved Step' and when a Travel Request is transitioned into this step, the 'Update Roster' button is disabled
- The Workflow Step 'Make the booking' is marked as 'Approved Step' and when a Travel Request is transitioned into this step, the 'Update Roster' button is enabled
You can view the Travel Request's Workflow Step by following the below step:
- Login as System Administrator
- Navigate to Settings > Workflow Admin > Configure Workflow > Workflow Processes
- At 'Travel Request Process', select the 'configure' hyperlink
- Click the 'Manage the transitions and participants' icon
- Observe the Step Settings > Approved Step